Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Superheros Write Haikus

Thank you, Guest Bloggers and Craig-ployees, 

Adam Smet and Ben Butz!

Blog Entry by Adam Smet


Often frantic, I run around all day doing the art student thing.  (Cue superhero music and deep voice.) But when the opportunity arises to write a haiku I dodge into the nearest phone booth, (which are becoming hard to find these days) and rip off my clothes,  revealing an orange unitard with a big "5-7-5" on the front.  I whip out my tablet and get to haiku smithing.

THE GIG: Write an autobiographical haiku and submit it to 'The 555 Art Collective's collection of 111 haikus.  The winner receives $111.  

Responding on a whim to Yesh's Facebook solicitation to participate in a Craig-ployment gig,  I was shocked that my haiku was featured in the collection.  Mine was really just a prod at some friends and their lack of passion for haiku writing.

Ben's (another friend of Yesh's) on the other hand was both thoughtful and enjoyable.
Small man, odd musings 
Adventure looms in his heart 
he just needs to start.

Compared to mine....
Haikus are just weird. 
Wrote with bad attention span. 
Refrigerator. 

While neither of us won the grand prize, I continue to toy around with the haiku and find it quite enjoyable. Who knew syllables could be so much fun?!

In all honesty, I still have to clap everything out like in elementary school.  It's all kinds of fun watching me write them, as I'm told by my husband.  He giggles and tells me how "special" I look while speaking and clapping... in a unitard.


 The Craig-ployees
Adam. Enjoys Clapping.
Ben. Haiku Ninja.













From 'New Old School'

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for participating in these shenanigans, Adam and Ben. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete