Monday, February 13, 2012

Pastiche, Hodge Podge, Mish-Mosh

So what's the deal?  Are you employing yourself through CL?
NO and YES

NO
While these gigs are indeed paid, this project is just for fun.  It's a way for me to satisfy my passions for adventure and storytelling, with a cash bonus.

YES
While I am in between stints living abroad, I am, from time to time, employed by a lovely french bistro in Bayview, Milwaukee, Pastiche Bistro.  (Originally, a craig-ployment gig, circa 2010.)

Pastiche is french for, "a little bit of this, a little bit of that".  
A pastiche is a hodge podge, a mish mosh, an olio.  
The name of this restaurant
(that so generously allows me to be a boomerang employee)
could not be a better reflection of my current life.

Several nights per week you'll find me behind the bar of this top-rated restaurant, chatting up fascinating Milwaukeeans and trying to keep up with the rapidly changing needs of customers and servers.  

Pastiche deliciousness
It's hard.  It's sometimes hard to meet the needs of charming, and not so charming customers in an ever changing, high volume work environment.

But it's fun.  
It's fun, pays well, I adore my coworkers, and if nothing else, it gives me an opportunity to practice 3 important life lessons.

1. A smile goes a long way.
2. Don't be afraid to ask for help - it wastes less time.
3. All you can do, is do your best.


Cheers to a pastiche life!

No comments:

Post a Comment